Saturday, October 20, 2007

birth day question

Birthday Quotations

"Here's a birthday spanking, Sent you on a card, One, Two, Three, Put them right on hard, Four, Five, Six One to live on, one to grow on, One to make you fat. "--Anonymous

"Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these."-- Susan B. Anthony

"Of late I appear To have reached that stage When people who look old Who are only my age."-- Richard Armour

"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened."-- Cora Harvey Armstrong

"Fly free and happy beyond birthdays and across forever, and we'll meet now and then when we wish, in the midst of the one celebration that never can end."-- Richard Bach

"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh yourself. "--Ethel Barrymore

" To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am."

" If I'd known I was going to live this long (100 years), I'd have taken better care of myself."-- Ubie Blake

Even at our birth, death does but stand aside a little. And every day he looks towards us and muses somewhat to himself whether that day or the next he will draw nigh. "-- Robert Bolt

" Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made."-- Robert Browning

"Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds. "-- Buddha

" There are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get un-birthday presents ... and only one for birthday presents, you know."-- Lewis Carroll

" The worst gift is a fruitcake. There is only one fruitcake in the entire world, and people keep sending it to each other. "--Johnny Carson

"The greatest comfort of my old age, and that which gives me the highest satisfaction, is the pleasing remembrance of the many benefits and friendly offices I have done to others."-- Marcus Cato

" Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative."-- Maurice Chevalier

"So you see, old age is really not so bad. May you come to know the condition! "-- Cicero

" Everything I know I learned after I was thirty."-- Georges Clemenceau

" No wonder I'm unhappy - My twin forgot my birthday. "--Jerry Dennis

" I'm at an age when my back goes out more than I do."-- Phyllis Diller

" If we could be twice young and twice old we could correct all our mistakes."-- Euripides

"My mother is going to have to stop lying about her age because pretty soon I'm going to be older than she is."-- Tripp Evans

" To divide one's life by years is of course to tumble into a trap set by our own arithmetic. The calendar consents to carry on its dull wall-existence by the arbitrary timetables we have drawn up in consultation with those permanent commuters, Earth and Sun. But we, unlike trees, need grow no annual rings. "-- Cliff Fadiman

" One to-day is worth two to-morrows. "--Benjamin Franklin

"Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is. The most important product of his effort is his own personality. "-- Erich Fromm

" Time and Tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty."-- Robert Frost

" A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age."-- Robert Frost

"Age doesn't matter, unless your cheese."-- John Paul Getty

"Birth and Death are the two noblest expressions of bravery. "-- Kahlil Gibran

" There is still no cure for the common birthday. "--John Glenn

" You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime."-- John P. Grier

"Death borders upon our birth, and our cradle stands in the grave. Our birth is nothing but our death begun."-- Bishop Hall

"All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much."-- George Harrison
"Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm... As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands. One for helping yourself, the other for helping others."-- Audrey Hepburn

" Would ye both eat your cake and have your cake? "--John Heywood

"Nobility is not a birthright. It is defined by one's actions. "-- Robin Hood

"You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake."-- Bob Hope
" Men are like wine. Some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age."-- C.E.M. Joad
"The return of my birthday, if I remember it, fills me with thoughts which it seems to be the general care of humanity to escape. "-- Samuel Johnson

""The quality, not the longevity, of one's life is what is important."-- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr

No comments: